More Google Classroom Time-Saving Tips
This post complements material presented at a LACUECares educator development event held on November 3, 2020. You can find recordings of all event sessions here.
Our goal is to provide you with information that’s useful, engaging, and easy to use. We welcome your comments or examples, to share your knowledge and experience, contact us today.
Find Student Work by Using Google Drive
No need to look for and dig files out of assignments. Students will turn in their work in the Classroom folder in your Google Drive. Just look for the files by opening the subfolders in Drive. Or use the Search bar to find specific student names.
Well into a grading session, you look up and consider your progress. Come to think of it, you notice a pattern in your comments. Uh-oh, you’re repeating yourself. That’s alright, because in Google Classroom, you don’t have to type comments repeatedly. Just follow this simple process to reuse your comments in the future.
- Simply click the triple dot menu in the comment box.
- Select Add to Comment Bank from the dropdown menu.
- At the Add Comment Dialogue Box, then click Add. Wait for the comment to appear in the comment bank.
Next, it’s time to save time by reusing post content.
Here’s another example of reusing content to avoid creating it from scratch. Use “Reuse Post” option
- Click the “+” button, then select “Reuse Post”.
- Select the class where you first posted the content. (Note: You can take a post from one class and reuse it in another one.)
- Select the post you want to reuse.
Classroom will create a new copy of the post, which you can customize. You can add it to any class, change the text, add new links or files, etc.
Click Assign to assign the post to your class immediately. Or use the dropdown arrow and choose Schedule to post the content later.
These are just a few of the time-saving ways to use Google Classroom tools and tricks. If you have clever ways to reduce time and effort with Google Classroom tools, contact us and let us know.